This recipe comes to us from bad-ass nutritionist Sofie van Kempen and is a hands down classic full of wholefoods and ingredients that really get your gut going. Of course this is a smoothie and we all know you can put anything* into a smoothie so feel free to adapt to your tastes.
Time: less than 5 minutes ~ Makes: 1/2 serves
- 2 cups Kombucha (or coconut water/water)
- 1 handful baby spinach or any sad looking greens from the fridge (I freeze these also)
- 1 raw zucchini, chopped & frozen
- 1 raw cucumber, chopped & frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 2cm knob ginger
- juice 1 lime & zest
- sprigs fresh mint
- 1 heaped tbsp collagen (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
If ever my ginger or turmeric or lemons/limes are starting to look a little sad I just chuck them straight into my freezer and put them into smoothies or grate it into main meals.
Also whenever you add vegetables into the freezer as they have a high water content the water expands and partially breaks down the fibres allowing them to blend easier into a smoothie and become less stringy/chewy!
More amazing recipes here.