Here at Pachamama’s Kitchen we love incorporating healing + warming spices into our diet, as well as getting more of our favourite medicine / food / supplement – Hemp. We have been working away on this recipe for a while now and are proud to introduce our newest creation: the Gingerhemp Latte!
It’s Gingerbread + Hemp…… in a cup…. Ok so just go with us on this, it sound’s weird but it’s really great.
Here’s the recipe so you can try this for yourself at home.
15mins prep. 30mins in the fridge for the Hemp Milk
Spice mix (these quantities make 25 serves):
- 75g Ginger powder
- 75g Cinnamon powder
- 38g Maca powder
- 38g Mesquite powder
- 25g Cardamom powder
- 8g Nutmeg powder
- A couple of good shakes of Fine Black Pepper
Hemp Milk (makes 1 litre):
- 50g Hemp Seeds
- 1L Filtered Water
- 1 pitted date
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- To make the spice mix, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well, or use a mortar and pestle to grind into a fine powder. Keep for future use in a jar or container.
- For the hemp milk, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend together for a minute on med/high.
- Strain into a 1L container using a tea strainer and refrigerate.
- To make yourself a latte, combine 1 heaped teaspoon of the spice mix with 250mls of hemp milk in a small saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Serve in your favourite mug with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!