Our ‘Garden Bowl’ from Pachamama’s Kitchen
Image: Deconstructed Garden bowl – Brown rice, cucumber, carrot, avo, tofu, nori seaweed, kimchi, kimchi mayo, sesame seeds.
We have been busy the last few weeks working on building our new café, and at the same time, we have been hard at work crafting the menu of delicious healthy treats for you to enjoy when we open. It has been so much fun working on these recipes, we just had to share one with you (and by ”working on’, we mean eating)
Here is one of the creations we have come up with and after extensive sampling have decided it is very delicious. Make one at home and come into our new café (Pachamama’s Kitchen) and try the original!
Time: 35minutes (plus optional overnight tofu marinade)
Ingredients (for 2 portions):
- Brown Rice, cooked 2 cup
- Cucumber, sliced 1
- Carrots, shredded 1
- Kimchi 2 tbsp
- Nori Seaweed, finely sliced 1/2 sheet for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Extra-firm Tofu, cut into cubes 1 cup
- Sesame oil 1 tsp
- Tamari 2 tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar 2 tsp
- Ginger Powder 1 tsp
- Olive Oil, for frying 1 tbsp
The Smashed Avo
- Avocado 1/2
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
The Kimchi Mayo
- Kimchi Juice 2 tbsp
- Vegan Mayo 1/2 cup
1. Marinade the tofu with sesame oil, tamarind, vinegar and ginger powder overnight.
2. Mash the Avocado with a fork. Season with salt and lemon juice and mix well.
3. Mix 2 tbsp of kimchi juice/ liquid into the vegan mayo to make the kimchi mayo. It should have a coating consistency. If required, add a little bit of water to thin it down.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the tofu along with the marinade and fry till crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
5. To assemble the bowl, put the rice on the bottom. Drizzle on some of the kimchi mayo. Add a scoop of the smashed avo in the centre. Arrange the tofu, the kimchi and the vegetables around. Drizzle on more of the kimchi mayo on top. Garnish with nori and sesame seeds and serve fresh.